Friday 23 January 2009

There'll be no flying this weekend. Have you seen the weather forecast?

High winds and horizontal rain, sleet and hail. Just as well, I can get on with my engineering project. Today I've made a fixture to hold various sizes of conrod and I've set it up on the rotary table to machine one of the conrods for the KT120fst.

For the conrod I'm currently making, a 6mm dowell is required to locate one end on the centre line. For the other end a dowell with a 10mm diameter is used to locate in the slot of the fixture and a 7mm diameter to locate in the big end of the conrod. So now I can machine various sizes of small end/big end/hole centre combinations.



Fixture for machining conrods

The process begins

...And I've made a start on machining a conrod.

...And I've finished the crankshaft...


Alignment and concentricity end to end is a lot better than expected.

More next time.

No comments: