Sunday 4 January 2009

Back from the Christmas holidays.

Trust you all had a great Christmas, and here's wishing you a Happy New Year. Check out my other blog to see what Lin and I were doing.

Yesterday I was in the machine shop and I fitted the present Lin gave me for Christmas to the Milling machine. I then proceded to set up for milling the other counter balance weight as I did on the front part of the crank shaft. I've only done the setting, I've not cut metal yet as there were some dimensions I needed which were omitted from the drawing.


Those dimensions have now been added to the drawing, but today I'm going flying. More later...

OK its now later, and a great afternoons flying. There was no-one there, and the weather was very dull and the temperature was 1.5C, but the wind was non existant, well maybe a slight air coming from the SW. I took the two Sunbeam Trainers and flew both. One distinctively flies better than the other and I can only put it down to the slots in one of the wings. They don't work. I've been meaning to cover them up for ages but I've not got round to it yet.

No comments: