Sunday 11 January 2009

Its Sunday and guess what?...

...Its blowing a hooley. This is the first day for weeks where the weather has been too rough to fly in, and today is my only day off work. Oh well, its to the machine shop today. First job was to weld some extension tabs to the baffle plate on the inside of our multi fuel stove. It would occasionally fall down onto the hot coals and I'd have to let the fire go out before I could refit it. Hopefully this will stop this from happening.

Our multi fuel stove - repaired.

I've not done much to the engine over the last few weeks as I've been doing other things (Christmas etc.) however today I've had a go at the rear end of the crankshaft, and formed the shape of the counter weight. I still have to drill and tap the clearance hole and M3 thread for the grub screw, then this part will be finished.


First step is to set up for drilling 3mm holes to form the corner radii



Sorry, they're a bit out of focus - trying too hard to get the detail in.

This unusual clamping method was the best way I could devise to hold the part firmly enough to machine into the 3mm holes.


Using the unusual clamping method to mill the 109 degree angle set up using slip gauges.

Sorry about the focus.

No comments: