Friday 24 October 2008

A late session

Went flying today, though I didn't go until late in the day, had some jobs at home to do first. Arrived at Westonzoyland Airfield at around 16:30hrs. Light winds from the West and glorious sunshine - and there's no-one here. Only brought along the yellow/red Sunbeam and the Pico-Jet. The replacement li-po charger arrived this week, and I'm now about to test it out having had a flight late this afternoon. Oh! yes, and the bearing fell out of the motor again. The Super Tigre engine in the Sunbeam ran well today although it was a bit difficult to start. It seemed I couldn't get enough fuel through by choking so I primed some fuel directly into the carburettor, and then I flooded it, but once it was running it was quite reliable in the air.
As the sun went down the wind dropped and my last flight was dead smooth, even at very low height. Flights like this are rare and are the most satisfying.
I intend to do some work on the engine I'm building tomorrow (Oh! did I not mention that?), so I'll try to include some pictures.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is crap (light rain and sixteen mile an hour winds) and I have to work on Sunday, so that's it for this week as the clocks change early Sunday morning. Winter has arrived.

No comments: