Sunday 19 October 2008

Early Morning was Best

Yes, the weather took its toll on todays flying. I arrived at the airfield at 09:15hrs and it was dead calm. By 10:00hrs it was getting windy and by 12:00 it was rough. Took both trainers again and flew both and I flew the Pico Jet but there is a problem with the motor, there is excessive "slackness" in the bearings so I only had the one flight. The Super Tigre engine in the trainer is behaving better so I wonder if the problems were related to running in. I'm still a bit disappointed with the power output so I might experiment with some different glow plugs, fuel and propeller combinations. By 12:30hrs I'd had enough, the wind was cutting through me and I could feel my core temperature was beginning to fall so I packed it all back in the car and went home. At least I've had my fix for the week.

No comments: