Sunday 28 June 2009

Dull day and a new jet

Strange weather today, 90% cloud and very warm and humid, winds light and from the South East. Positively tropical. The pits were full and crews were overspilling the pits area at both ends, and despite the wind direction we were deployed on the South side pits.

I arrived shortly after 09:00hrs and started the days flying with the Ember as there was no wind. Whilst in electric mode the Picojet was next. Two new digital, metal gear servos were fitted this week and their reaction to stick movement is very fast. I still need to add lead to the nose as its very twitchy on the elevator. I hate doing this but I can't lighten the tail any more. I'm also a bit worried about over heating the lipo battery so I use full power frugally. The heat in the air was creating thermals and a short five second burst of power would take the Picojet vertically to near out of sight. Stopping the motor and gliding seemed to last for ages before much height was lost.

Late in the afternoon I decided to give the Yak an airing, but as I prepared to fuel it up it started to rain; just a few big spots, so I took that as a warning and packed up all my gear. Turned out it wasn't enough to damp the dust - typical.








The Bobcat

A New Jet on the Blog

Jetcat P60

The connection at the top of the engine is a PTC heater where fuel is ignited as it enters the combustion chamber on start up. This eliminates the need for gas and the associated equipment.

No comments: