Saturday 13 June 2009

Ballistic

First flight today was with the Picojet, and its fast, really fast at 22,000 RPM it positively honks along. From gliding into wind I can point the nose upwards, open the throttle, and it accelerates vertically and within seconds its almost out of sight. I had a serious problem on a later flight, the elevator was responding abnormally. Up elevator would force a left turn, so would left aileron. Right aileron would force a right turn but it would also lose height rapidly. Eventually it crash landed in the grass and without damage, luckily. The cause? Starboard servo failed in the centered position. Reason undetermined.

Quite a good turnout for a Saturday:-

I was last to leave!



Also flew both Sunbeams, I took the Yak54 but I didn't fly it because the wind was directly across the runway from the South and it was up to maximum strength where flying is concerned.

No comments: