Sunday 28 March 2010

A new Central Crank Web and Big End Journals

On examination of the old assembly it appears the screw pin location hole was drilled and reamered on the p***. I don't know how I managed that, hence the resulting stress fracture. So, back to the drawing board to make a new one.


Jig set up for silver soldering the big end journals into place.





The new Central Web complete with Big End Journals

The journals are too long at the moment and will have to be cut to length to enable fitting between the front and rear crank webs.

I removed the shaft from the gear box because the bearing was lumpy, but it worked fine after I'd taken it out, so I cleaned it all up and noticed the shaft was bent. This could be the cause of the lumpyness, so shaft straightened and re-assembled into housing, it now works fine again.

No comments: