Thursday 25 February 2010

Indoor flying

Went to the local market venue Junction 24 last night and met about fifteen other pilots having a go in what was a very enjoyable evening. There were loads of mid air collisions (I had two, one with a helicopter) and no-one suffered any damage. I've heard people talk about the Vapour but I've never seen one untill last night. Even more lightweight than the Ember, and it can fly a lot slower.

Phil shows how its done.

One thing that surprised me was the noise, it got very loud at times and the high pitch really gets on your top note. Its not the propeller or the motor, but the speed controller that makes the noise. Next time I'll wear ear muffs and maybe, if I remember, I'll take along a decibel meter. We might have to fit silencers for indoor work.


The Vapours

No comments: