Monday 18 January 2010

First flights of 2010

Westonzoyland airfield was deserted today, so I had the whole runway to myself. I've not been flying since November 15th last year and I see some work has been done to improve the pits area by scalping back the over growth. It looks much better and well done to all those who did it.

I brought the Sunbeam today, but I wish I'd brought the Yak and the Pico-Jet as the weather was perfect. Lightly broken cloud and a light air moving from the South West. Taking off and landing in any direction would not be a problem in these conditions and due to the conditions I had some perfect landings. There's something very satisfying about a perfect touch down.



     = new parts


On the engineering front I've sucessfully case hardened the gears, hardened the rockers, manufactured the cams and hardened them and the cam followers are manufactured and ready for hardening.

No comments: