Saturday 6 December 2008

A great flying day so no engineering.

I took my time preparing stuff this morning, and until very late I was undecided as to which aircraft I was going to take. Finally I chose the Sunbeam and the Yak54. Both flew superbly although starting was a little more difficult probably due to the low air temperature, after all it is winter. At this time of year I tend to use fuel with 5% nitromethane mixed in to help with cold starting.
Met Geoff at the airfield and he brought along his Mustang which was developed from a trip to Cornwall earlier in the year. That's another story.
All in all a lovely day, wall to wall sunshine, and just a light air moving from the North East.


Yak54 in the late afternoon sunshine.




Geoff with his Moki powered Mustang. The tail wheel bracket failed just before this picture was taken, and that curtailed its flying for the rest of the day.

No comments: